Registered Scrap Tire Processor Incentive Program Requirements Fiscal 2017-18
This document outlines the application and compliance requirements necessary to become a registered tire processor in Alberta's Tire Recycling Program and be eligible for incentives: Registered Scrap Tire Processor Incentive Program Requirements Fiscal 2017-18
Brief Outline of Application and Compliance Requirements
(Complete details can be found in the Program Requirements document noted above)
Please note that the review process for an application can take from four to six months in order for interim approval to be considered.
- Comprehensive business plan including: (a) details regarding how your company will obtain whole tires (material must sourced in Alberta) (b) description of material that the tires will be recycled into and an analysis of the markets for the material (c) detailed revenue and expenditure statements and projections demonstrating viability of operations.
- Evidence of a closure plan and provision of security with Alberta Recycling; amount is calculated based on average monthly inventory (minimum amount of security required is $50,000).
Evidence that the material being processed from scrap tires meets the specification outlined in the Program Requirements document.
- Demonstrate that a minimum of 500 tonnes of tires can be processed without interruption and according to Program specifications.
- Copies of all required insurance.
- Evidence of an account in good standing with Workers' Compensation Board.
- Evidence of compliance with Alberta Fire Code (letter from fire inspector confirming processing site meets the fire code).
- Copy of Certificate of Recognition.
- Evidence of an Environmental Management System in place to ensure adequate control of the processing site's impact on the environment.
If you would like more information or to make an application please e-mail [email protected]
For a list of current registered tire processors, please open this link